You have discovered arachnoanarchy

You have discovered arachnoanarchy
otter clan omarian otter oasis

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

2006 begins balanced on a sharp edged blade

The future of the US constitutional form of government hasn't been as precarious as it is today since the Civil War period. I can't recall a time in my near 60 years, even counting those few days in October a long time ago (can we all say cuban missle crisis boys and girls), when so many people appear so willing, or completely apathetically nihilistic, to simply abandon all of our constitutional protections. The issue isn't really about what Bushco has been doing--nor about the behaviors of various officials, lobbyists, corporate leadership, et al, but rather how the citizens of this country are accepting of it all. The media has its own economic welfare to consider and thus vaccillates between challenging the infringements, supporting the fear based messages or most usually ignoring the issues altogether. But the people, my god, what are they thinking? Why aren't they screaming from the rooftops, shutting down the financial institutions, refusing to pay taxes, demanding their representatives immediately shut down governance until a full and complete investigation of where and how all this went so wrong??

IT is really very simple. There simply is no excuse whatsoever, no rational reason, for anyone to suggest that the constitution must be ignored in order to save it. If people really want to live in a militarized, security industry controlled police state, then they need to stand up and make that very clear, especially to their neighbors. Tell me you want me to agree to give up my rights and liberties so you can feel like you will be less afraid!!! Tell me you want me to agree to have my children and grandchildren grow up with less freedom and liberty than i, for the sake of your petty and evil laced anxieties!! Tell me that, or else shut up and fight to protect your rights!!